being 18+ owning a STi+seeing F&F:3= THE NEED TO DRIFT

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
A SiK STi
Junior Standardshifter

being 18+ owning a STi+seeing F&F:3= THE NEED TO DRIFT

Post by A SiK STi »

I just saw Fast and the Furious 3 and being the brainless american teen that I am I suddenly feel the need to learn how to drift (on a safe, closed, private area, OF COURSE). Is it possible to drift in an STi, because I noticed that alot of the cars in the movie where rear wheel drive..except the evo :cough: (piece of crap). Anyways does having all wheel drive affect your ability to drift..or am I going to finally have to touch the stupid DCCD control and put it all in the rear..LMAO put it all in the rear. And by the way I was very disapointed with the choices of cars in the F&F series..seems like Mitsubishi owns the franchise..between all the EVOs and Eclipses I felt like I was in Mitsubishi land..no love for the subys from F&F.
05 Subaru STi 6mt
CF STi Scoop
3 guage pod-pillar mounted
Type-S BOV-tuned not to run RICH
35th_SS
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 35th_SS »

Let the death of the imports begin. This movie is going to cause kids to wreck their cars left and right.
'02 Chevy Camaro SS
A SiK STi
Junior Standardshifter

Post by A SiK STi »

35th_SS wrote:Let the death of the imports begin. This movie is going to cause kids to wreck their cars left and right.
Yep,and once we all crash our cars...we sue the hell out of the movie..LOL
05 Subaru STi 6mt
CF STi Scoop
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Man- I knew this would happen- watch there are going to be atleast 2 more posts a day dealing with drifting from now on out :lol: You can't drift on an sti. It will just straighten itself out when you attempt to slide.
A SiK STi
Junior Standardshifter

Post by A SiK STi »

JackBauer wrote:Man- I knew this would happen- watch there are going to be atleast 2 more posts a day dealing with drifting from now on out :lol: You can't drift on an sti. It will just straighten itself out when you attempt to slide.
Well at least now you dont have to worry about anymore drifting posts from me.. :P
05 Subaru STi 6mt
CF STi Scoop
beekay
Senior Standardshifter

Post by beekay »

scoob + massive empty parking lot + midnight snow dusting = a good time
scion_xA
Senior Standardshifter

Re: being 18+ owning a STi+seeing F&F:3= THE NEED TO DRI

Post by scion_xA »

A SiK STi wrote:I just saw Fast and the Furious 3 and being the brainless american teen that I am I suddenly feel the need to learn how to drift (on a safe, closed, private area, OF COURSE). Is it possible to drift in an STi, because I noticed that alot of the cars in the movie where rear wheel drive..except the evo :cough: (piece of crap). Anyways does having all wheel drive affect your ability to drift..or am I going to finally have to touch the stupid DCCD control and put it all in the rear..LMAO put it all in the rear. And by the way I was very disapointed with the choices of cars in the F&F series..seems like Mitsubishi owns the franchise..between all the EVOs and Eclipses I felt like I was in Mitsubishi land..no love for the subys from F&F.
The EVO was converted to RWD by Rhys Millen Racing
2006 Scion xA
Mods: TRD Short Shifter
A SiK STi
Junior Standardshifter

Post by A SiK STi »

JackBauer wrote:Man- I knew this would happen- watch there are going to be atleast 2 more posts a day dealing with drifting from now on out :lol: You can't drift on an sti. It will just straighten itself out when you attempt to slide.
My obsession with drifting was short lived..my new obsession is trying to get money so I can buy a blitz k-3 turbo kit and put out 470 Hp..LOL. Im only $3,199 short..Almsot there!!
05 Subaru STi 6mt
CF STi Scoop
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Sure, it's possible, but dont bother... an amature drifter in a awd is not fun to watch.. nor is it easy to do...
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

You'll need an insane amount of power to drift in an AWD car. Trying to maintain broken-traction on a car made for traction takes a lot of work. However, once you get it down, power-on oversteer 4-wheel drifting is a mighty sight to behold.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
GP20
Junior Standardshifter

Post by GP20 »

Don't think you can drift in an AWD.

As for me, after seeing the movie and how cars in there crash and get ruied so easily, I get LESS urge to race or drive too hard in the streets if anything.
'06 BMW Z4///M 6-sp manual
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe 6sp manual
'04 BMW Z4 3.0i 6-sp SMG
bklynvw
Junior Standardshifter

Post by bklynvw »

o god help us all.
vq35
Junior Standardshifter

Post by vq35 »

I saw on tv (forgot which show) where they had a shoot out between the m3 and the new rs4. Three tests where done head to head. 1/4 mile run, drifting and open course. The rs4 was able to drift (although being an awd) but it wasn't has pretty as the rwd m3. Regardless awd can drift. But then again, it WAS the rs4...
g35 coupe 6mt bone stock
bklynvw
Junior Standardshifter

Post by bklynvw »

cars are made to stick to the road. anyone tuning there car to drift is going to get themselfs killed. if your doing 100mph on the highway and had to make a quick manuvar your drifting car would do 50 360's befor crashing into something.

i think this drifting buisness is even more dangurus then street racing.
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

And then again, vq35, the AWD drifting was done on snow. :wink:
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar