Just took on a Mustang GT

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

does it really have on 93 HP? that isway too low forme, no matter how much money I would save.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Who, me?
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

jack i serously hope your ready to back those words wup with some gear grindin, b/c my 1969 429 mustang is one of the fastest cars around here, at about 1050 hp when dynoed and not much gets way from me. one of the few to beat me in a flat out race was a '77 Vett with supercharged 502, ok i have a blower and NO2, but that Super charged Vett...i kept up but that about it
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

you'll take me in a straight line.
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

bull
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Whats your mod list? if its too much to name, name all that matter. Suspension especially. I have forged and titanium internals, if i run excessive boost- i can run 400 HP +- a little, with out throwing anything. you still make 2x more HP, which is why there is no doubt in my mind you can pwn me in a straight, how well do you do on a road course? Real tracks have turns :P
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

.060 over 429 V8, 6-71 blower, two 600 CFM Holley proformer carbs, holley intake, allunium heads, Comp cam, forged pistons and crank, dual 10 lb NOS. TKO 5 speed tranny 4.10 gears
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

JE Pistons, Zylinderkopf Cylinder heads, AC low compression kit, epc stg. IV turbo charger, (also had a custom neuspeed S.C as a twin setup, having some problems though) w/Eurosport injectors, chiped by GIAC. + all basic boltons-such as high duration cams with all the titanium goodies to go along with it.

suspension by kni adjustable coilovers, AC sway bars, Neuspeed custom stress bars, 17" wheels w/Corrado G60 Dual piston brake caliper conversion + Roll cage.

how much money have you put into your baby?
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

just under 25K as of now,, but bear in mind i got the car for 200 bucks and resotred it first it was going to be a kinda Pro-touring/weekend drag car that kinda balloned out of control...Kristen, bless her, helped out putting it together and she drives it every now and then. that puppy is fast and cand turn quick, a friend of mine is exclent with steering systems and im not sure exactly what he did but it could outmanuver a small saturn or honda ive raced pro stock on the dirt track with a car built in my Uncles garage with a toyota motor and that sucker runs like a champ, could have low oil hi temp and narry a burp well past 5 grand
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

one other mod a almost forgot, the 2 speed rear axle, works like a hi and low range gear goes from 4.10 to 3.56 and makes a big diffrance for hi speed crusing
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

I have alot of respect for these garage built engines, we go to the track, drive our car 150 miles to the nearest strip, haul ass, run low 10's and stuff and drive the long road all the way back home, when those other kids in expensive cars get a trailer to load their car there, run crap times on slicks, and tow themselves back home. Garage built all the way mang. You know where 'upstate rallycross' is in newyork? I've raced there a couple of times- complete amature stuff, very fun. I don't know how close you are, but you should check it out sometime- mostly Euro cars i've seen there, but i've also seen a few muscles
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

the Afton speedway and Walkins Glenn are the only two i know of, and i might be a shade tree mechanic, but i love my work i dont do it for money in the sense im going to retite on this crap, and i pride my self with being able to fix alot of problems most city kids would be shaking their heads and calling daddy on there cell phone
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

I'd love to be able to rebuild and completely mod over my car. I'm starting with a lawmower first, for simplicities sake.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Problem with new mechanics: they rely too much on technology. Old fashion technicians are the best. Usually find the problem the first try.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

yeah. all they do is hook up their computer, and try to figure it out. A real mechanic should be able to tell by sound whats going wrong.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs