A Trip Down Memory Lane

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
LynnF1
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2012 Challenger SRT8

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Post by LynnF1 »

No one races me... not that I want to street race anymore, anyway - too old and conservative. After I'd had the Shelby for maybe THREE whole days, someone in a CS65 AMG revved on me on the highway at rush hour. That's about it. Most people just want to stare and/or give a wave or thumbs-up. :D

Even when I was in the GTO, not much action; I did have to whup a couple of kids in a riced-out Cavalier in a two-block derby once, though. :lol:

Anyway, first car I ever bought was a 72' AMX Javelin - 360, 4-barrel, 4-speed. It outran a lot of stuff back in the day - Camaros, 300ZX's. Modded w/ solid-lifter cam and headers. 13.4 in the quarter @ 105.

Next stick was a '92 Taurus SHO. Ran some "young fellers" in a Mustang GT from a traffic light one day - was ahead of them until I turned the 2-3 shift into a 2-1. My neck was sore for a couple of days!!! Also drove around with a friend from a Pontiac dealership one night - I was in the SHO, he was in a new (96' - 98', maybe?) WS6 Firebird. No contest - I was definitely outclassed.

(Man, that car's engine sounded wonderful! Redline was something like 7000rpm. "Back in the day", it's low-15 second quarter was pretty impressive.)
2012 Challenger SRT8
2012 Edge Ltd AWD
1992 Mitsubishi 3000 GT - 5-spd manual, no mods
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Post by AHTOXA »

I hear ya. No one ever wants to pull with the goat. There was that one time that I posted about regarding the Viper and the Evo and what not. Otherwise for some reason people just rev at me going the other way on one way streets for some reason. Happens way too often to be a coincidence.

Rices I don't count.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

AHTOXA wrote:I hear ya. No one ever wants to pull with the goat.
Trade cars with me and it'll be Fast and the Furious all over again.
Rices I don't count.
Wait. Then you won't have a problem :lol: .
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
beowulf80
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 2SS Camaro

Post by beowulf80 »

AHTOXA wrote:Ipeople just rev at me going the other way on one way streets for some reason. Happens way too often to be a coincidence.
Yikes, they so desperatly want to rev at you that they go the wrong way on one-way streets? Dang...
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

At first I was like :lol: but then I was like :shock:
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD