MR2t vs. Acura Legend

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

MR2t vs. Acura Legend

Post by Tinton »

So, I was sitting at this light waiting to turn left to get on the onramp for I-75, with an Acura Legend sitting next to me. Now, with the way these lanes and intersection are set up, you really need my lane to get on 75S, since after turning left you gotta make an immediate right to get on the onramp. The guy in the Legend wanted to cut me off and get ahead of me, I guess, so he jumped the light about 2-3 seconds early, with it still red :shock:. I kind of knew that I'd have to race, but I wasn't prepared for him cheating like that, so he got a HUGE jump on me and thought he had won :evil:. After that though, I knew it was on :twisted:, so I launched hard when the light turned green and took off after him. The transition from that intersection (with me turning left) to the next wasn't much so I caught up to him pretty quick, right after he had gotten on the on-ramp. From there I just simply continued spooling the turbo in 2nd gear, went almost WOT (like a hair away from it) and proceeded to pass him. For this on-ramp its 2-lanes for about 1/4 mile before they merge, by the time I got to the merge I was out of 3rd going for 4th with like 4 carlengths on the Legend :mrgreen:. I bet he wasn't expecting to get PWNT like THAT, hahahahahaha :lol: 8). Boost ftw :twisted:. That was my first real race with the MR2 :mrgreen:.

This happened about a week ago, I didn't really think it was post-worthy because I thought Legends sucked balls. I talked to my friend about it last weekend and he thought it was a weak race, saying a Legend is like a luxury Civic. I just looked it up today though, apparently it should be a decent match for my MR2t:

Acura Legend mkII: 3400-3500 lb weight, 200 hp 210 tq, FF.
Toyota MR2t mkII: 2700 lbs, 200 hp 142 tq (that's stock w/ 12 psi, running 20), MR.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Re: MR2t vs. Acura Legend

Post by Leedeth »

I read your post lol.

And the MR2 is pretty light for a turbo car. Turbo's usually add a few hundred pounds right?
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Why would they add a few hundred pounds? With a decent setup you might have 100lbs of turbo equipment. Its pipes mostly. Dont weigh much
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

I looked at the weight difference between AW11 MR2, supercharged and non-supercharged, and IIRC it was a few hundred pounds.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Superchargers are heavier than turbos. And I promise it wasnt the only difference.
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

Legends are pretty fast cars; the only thing I don't like about them is their front wheel drive.
My 1994 6 speed with Type 2 engine (230hp) was quite quick. Usable power all over. It would go up mountains in 6th gear.
I'd imagine your turbo 2 would pull away from it later in the race.
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750