Spirit at the track

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
jory543
Master Standardshifter

Spirit at the track

Post by jory543 »

I brought my Spirit to the track earlier this summer on a test & tune day and got some nice runs in. It wasn't packed at all because they called for rain in the afternoon, but all morning I got to rip it up. The night before I went I changed the oil and put the rear tires on the front even though they were nearly bald. I aired them down to 30psi when I got to the track, 20psi would have been better though. The first run I got like a 15.3, on the second run a shifter cable clip popped off and I missed third and coasted through. So I fixed it with a couple zip ties and kept going. I was up against Mustangs and Camaros and I kept right up with them. One guy in a Monte carlo pace car refused to run against me. People were asking me what I had done to it, telling me that it's fast for a Dodge Spirit. I had to hit fourth right before I went through the traps, if I was able to rev it higher then I would have only needed the first three gears. My best run was a 14.996 at 90, not bad at all for a N/A 12V V6 with a stock tune. I was lined up against a black Camaro on this run

That was the first and only time I got it to the track, I wanted to upgrade the exhaust and give it more fuel but since it got wrecked those plans are no more. I hit my 14 second goal though :D Race weight was around 2800, I put it on the scales at the junkyard on the way home. I want to make my laser have enough power to run 13's, that's fast enough for a streetable daily driver maybe and the 2.2 turbo definitely has the potential for more.

EDIT: could a mod move this to the drag racing section?
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Re: Spirit at the track

Post by hockeystyx16 »

wow 14.9 thats amazing. definitely cant see a spirit being that fast. even more amazing with that 60 foot

im tempted to drag ass up to milan dragway tomorrow for a TNT to see what my beat pile runs, im not sure if i want to embarrass myself with a 15 second car at a TNT
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
PILL
Senior Standardshifter

Post by PILL »

I wonder what my Wrangler would run? It certainly feels fast :lol:
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

be interesting to see what my 2 could run...... prolly in the 15s. Corners are where it excels.
<3 fwd
Brass
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Tacoma X-Runner

Post by Brass »

Pretty good numbers tho, man.
Wonder how my X-Runner would do. It gets 60mph in 6.8. :mrgreen: :shock:
:) God Bless
.......Yay my avy workz!